Saturday, November 7, 2009

Autumn leaves...

"Autumn leaves
Beauty's got a hold on me
Autumn leaves
Pretty as can be"
(from Beth Gibbons & Rustin' Man song "Sand River", album "Out Of Season") 

On a Saturday afternoon we went for a walk to Gellert Hill - one of truly "my places" in Budapest. On the way there we stopped by the Nandori Cukraszda and I ate a delicious chestnut & chocolate leaf (a small review of this patisserie coming tomorrow).
I love Gellert Hill especially in October and November when it's sparkling with all the colours of autumn. Even though it was overcast, the trees and bushes looked amazing. I felt like a small kid picking the leaves and taking pictures everywhere. :)





At home I couldn't resist the tempetation and took some pictures of the leaves I'd picked at Gellert Hill. Hope you like it :)



1 comment:

  1. What a great post. The pictures remind me of autumn back home in Romania and the many types of trees we have in the parks. As kids we used to collect leaves from each tree and press them between sheets of paper until dry.

    ReplyDelete